Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the customer experience factory is launched

It is official and I have now launched the customer experience factory. the customer experience factory is all about designing servicing strategies for companies interested in innovation and trying to exceed their customers' expectations. My past 8 years working for American Express has taught me what extraordinary service should be and how customer feedback should be the core for changing any process, program or strategy. 

It is too often that the servicing organizations of most companies are over-looked and seen as large cost centers. It is not a surprise then that many voices have emerged noting how the call center is a profit center where fee based servicing is a large mechanism for creating additional revenue streams. However, how many are saying that call centers and servicing professionals in general are an investment? This is probably one of the largest lessons I learned in working with some pretty amazing people at American Express. 

I have traveled to call centers all around the world and I have seen how companies value service. I am eager to raise the voice on the service experience for all consumers and I want to blog about your stories. If you have a story and you want to share it with me, please email me at thecxfactory@gmail.com. I will re-tell your experience and add some thoughts on what the company should have done as an alternative. In addition, I will share ideas on how they could have created a WOW experience. Please share the good, the bad, the ugly and the WOW.

Hopefully customer service professionals across all companies will begin to read this and start sharing their stories, experiences and ideas about how to improve service. 

To get things started, I am headed over to the Apple Store at the Short Hills Mall later this afternoon because the camera on my iPhone is not working and the sales associate at the Verizon store told me that he is not able to troubleshoot with iPhones based on Apple policy. He also mentioned that they will probably replace the phone. So I wonder:

  • Has Verizon passed the buck to Apple? Have they set my expectations high and will I be getting my new phone fixed or will they replace it with little hassle?
  • Why is Apple not giving their retailers full access to troubleshoot on their products? Shouldn't they try to help and have the customer avoid a physical service transfer?
I am sure there are many good business reasons for why Verizon could not help me. Let's see if Apple will fix my problem. 

enjoy the day!

Michelle
CEO, the customer experience factory


No comments:

Post a Comment